Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Delphi version of Visual Basic's GetObject()

Started by skippyj777 Jun 23, 2001 at 5:58 PM 0 replies 1k views
Original Post
skippyj777
skippyj777
I would like to check the amount of video memory present on the video card. Here is the Visual Basic code that accomplishes this: Dim controllers As Object Dim controller As Object Dim ram As Variant Dim caption As Variant Set controllers = GetObject("WinMgmts:").InstancesOf("Win32_VideoController") MsgBox "Retrieved Win32_VideoController collection." For Each controller In controllers caption = controller.caption If IsNull(ram) Then MsgBox "Caption returned Null!" Else MsgBox "Caption = " & CStr(caption) End If ram = controller.AdapterRAM If IsNull(ram) Then MsgBox "AdapterRAM returned Null!" Else MsgBox "AdapterRAM = " & CStr(ram) End If Next My problem is getting the "controllers" object. I cannot figure out how to do this. I have tried CreateOleObject(), CreateObject(), and GetActiveObject() in various ways and none of them work. How does Visual Basic''s GetObject() work, and how can I create a Delphi version of it? -Josh

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.