Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

collada loading from python

Started by jandro Feb 11, 2009 at 3:28 AM 3 replies 3.2k views
Original Post
jandro
jandro
Hi, I'm new to this forum. Since my activity this year is going to be related to games somehow (with python), I decided to sign up and post my first contribution. Just finished a small python module for loading collada (dae, zae, kmz) files. It has a minimal support for triangles, cameras, materials and textures. My goal is to make it easy and hide collada complexity as much as possible since I have to use it myself. It is opensourced under BSD license, I would appreciate any criticism: http://collada.in4lines.com/ Thanks
Oluseyi
Oluseyi
Looks very interesting. Are you planning to put up a repository and start accepting (moderated) contributions at some point, so others can help you expand its support for/coverage of the specification? Open source it! [smile] (especially since you've already BSD-licensed it)
swiftcoder
swiftcoder
Very interesting - I may have a use for this in a converter application somewhere down the line.
Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]
Knarkles
Knarkles
Again, very interesting. I have been planning to write something similar at some point, but now I won't have to. :)
jandro
jandro
Hey, good news, was suspecting I was the only weird guy doing this things from python :)

Opening a repository for contributions? Sure, I didn't do it cause I didn't know if there was interest. Now it is under another repository of mine in the project I'm using it for.

If anybody thinks it would be a good thing, we can open a project in google code. I put it under BSD cause is quite free to use for anything comercial or free.

Thanks for the comments!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.