Original Post
I am in the process of designing a web based project management system (whether or not I ever complete it is another question) since none of the web based systems has all the functionality that I would want in a nice, clean, slick interface. I am compiling a list of all functionality (not matter how big or small) and so far this is what I have come up with:
- Support multiple projects
- Ability to inner linking of projects (meaning Project A with Project B under it)
- Issue tracking for projects (this would include different types like tasks, bugs, enhancements, feature requests, etc...)
- Ability to inner link issues (meaning Issue 1 with Issue 2 under it where issue 2 needs to be completed in order for Issue to be completed)
- Ability to group a set of issues in containers (for organizational purposes so I could have a project for a game and then have issue containers for inventory system, dialog system, combat system, etc... that I can put issues into)
- Types and statuses should be global of directly links to features (more of an internal structure thing)
- Track who is in charge of certain things like project, issues, milestone, milestone details, issue containers, etc...
- Track when and who created certain things like project, issues, milestone, milestone details, issue containers, etc...
- Be able to track if the user is an internal employee
- Be able to refresh user data the is generated on login
- Track user login/session information
- Be able to assign multiple positions to a user for different projects (so someone might be the lead programmer for Game A but only a tester for Game B)
- Be able to assign urgency and priority to issues
- Track milestones for projects and any number of details assigned to the milestone
- Be able to assign issues to milestone details
- Be able to track time spent on issues (which then leads to time spent on milestone and projects automatically)
- Be able to track the completion dates of issues, issue containers, milestone details, and milestones
- Be able to track all activity of any component (projects, issues, milestones, etc...)
- Be able to assign notes to any component (project, issues, milestone, etc...)
- Be able to track meeting and meeting attendance and allow meeting to assign and component as topics (so I can say Project A in the focus of the meeting or Issues 123, 124, 130 are the foucs of this meeting, etc...)