Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

AuxLibrary

Started by Tha_HoodRat Jul 2, 2001 at 10:19 AM 1 replies 900+ views
Original Post
Tha_HoodRat
Tha_HoodRat
I have noticed (from online red book) that OGL Aux functions allow window management , whats their limitation , as oppossed to say GLUT.
I was influenced by the Ghetto you ruined.
Obelix
Obelix
If I remember right could you not have multiple windows in AUX but GLUT can. It is several bugs/limitations in AUX so GLUT is that everybody recommends. I think the author of the OpenGL superbible had a list of the bugs on his homepage. I do not have the URL but if you are interested is the information somewhere on the net...
zedzeek
zedzeek
from the faq

2.130
What is the AUX library?
Very important: Don''t use AUX. Use GLUT instead.
The AUX library was developed by SGI early in OpenGL''s
life to ease creation of small OpenGL demonstration programs.
It''s currently neither supported nor maintained. Developing
OpenGL programs using AUX is strongly discouraged. Use the
GLUT instead. It''s more flexible and powerful and is
available on a wide range of platforms.
For related information, see the GLUT
Section and SGI''s
GLUT FAQ.

http://members.xoom.com/myBollux

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.