Original Post
Probably there's lot better methods but this should be sufficient for my needs now and be likely lot easier to implement than say octrees. Anyway I have terrain. Camera follows character in point X from upward like this. Terrain is formed of x*y amount of tiles(you can see how many there...Have to figure out a way to remove those edges). Now I would like to know how to limit up area drawn. Preferably simple since this isn't primary concern for now and need to get this thing done fast. So I figured I would simply limit to smallest rectangle possible from camera's terrain piece(which I know) and determine from there bottom-left and top-right corners and draw it in simple for loop. Not perfect but since my graphics aren't state of the art(as the screenshot shows :D I ain't artist!) should ensure there's no FPS issues. ...But how to do that? First attempts with that resulted in total haywire results until I simply gave up and drew out fixed amount to each direction until I got enough but now would like to improve on that. So any pointers how to aproach this? I know screen resolution, viewangle, camera position and terrain piece size. Now I would need to figure out bottom-left and top-right corners based on angle of character(and ergo camera since camera is ATM fixed at following character. I'll worry about moving camera when primary goal is archieved). Also on another issue if I need to determine height of the terrain character is standing(or is moving) that would be collision check right? Darn. Atleast there's only limited number of polygons to compare thanks to ground being formed of smaller pieces. Guess it shouldn't take that much to check it for ~2 dozen or less polygons max.




