Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Professional Writer (with Industry Experience) Seeking Employer

Started by Zenphobia Apr 30, 2009 at 10:14 PM 7 replies 1.6k views
Original Post
Zenphobia
Zenphobia
Name: Marshal D. Carper Website/Sample: http://marshaldcarper.com Since the samples on my website are nonfiction, here is a sample of my fiction (I can provide more on request):
Quote:
From "Romeo is Bleeding" by Marshal D. Carper Romeo felt the blood squish in his shoe as he slid off the hood of his 1980 Camaro. He flicked his cigarette butt into the snow and watched as the embers faded into the darkness. He reached in his jacket pocket. Two figures dug for lighters and offered him a light. "Is he dead?" "I think so," Romeo said. Romeo exhaled slowly, watching the tiny lights running back and forth across the highway below. He reached to pull his black hair from his eyes. He winced at the hot pain shooting through his ribs and dropped his arm to his side. Jack and Adam did not see the flicker of pain on Romeo’s face. "The cops are everywhere. I saw two troopers in the game lands and three out at Dutchfork lake. I ain’t ever seen police out that far, let alone troopers," Adam said, gesturing frantically, his hands never leaving the pockets of his camouflage jacket. Jack sat on the tailgate of his pick-up truck, kneading his John Deer baseball cap in his hands, nervously adjusting the fish hook in its bill. "It was self defense," he said. "I mean, if you want to hide, we can stash your car in my Dad’s barn. Then we could head up to my cabin, but we shouldn’t have to run. It was self-defense." "There is no such thing as 'self-defense' when it’s a cop. Ain't that right, Romeo?" Romeo shrugged, feeling the t-shirt beneath his jacket stick to the blood as his shoulders lifted and fell. His gaze shifted to the pasture, the fence posts and snow glowing in the moonlight. He watched as cattle wandered aimlessly at the tree line, just beyond the shadows cast by pine and oak. "Anyways, that son of a bitch got what he deserved. Cop or no cop, the world is better off," Adam said. Jack stopped fiddling with his hat and looked at Romeo. "Do you think Hannah knows that he is dead?" Romeo turned to face them. He felt the blood squish in his shoe and the hot pain in his chest. Their skin was as pale as the snow, and for a moment, Romeo thought that he must look like a shadow to them, his hair like midnight and his skin as dark as the mud beneath the frost. Romeo winced a smile and pulled the warmth of the cigarette from his lips and looked back to the highway. "I haven’t talked to her since September." "Not even when she was in the hospital?" Jack asked. "Not even when she was in the hospital." Jack returned to bending the bill of his hat and twisting the fabric of the cap. "She almost died," he said, not looking up.
Expected Compensation: I will work under contract and for pay. I cannot work for free. Contact Information: mcarper@gmail.com You can also PM me via the forums. Previous Projects: In 2006, I completed a contract writing character dialogue for Studio Archcraft's "Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled" which comes out at the end of May for the Nintendo DS. Amazon Link Here Since that project, I've been doing freelance journalism. I've written over 300 articles for Lockflow.com, a popular grappling and mixed martial arts website, and I've written 8 articles for Ultimate MMA Magazine (formerly Ultimate Grappling Magazine). One of those articles was a two-part cover story. Samples are available on my website. Seeking: I am motivated, experienced, and hardworking. I am comfortable writing to fill any need regardless of length, style, or genre. I can craft an original plot. I can deepen an existing plot. I can design characters, cultures, and settings. I can write dialogue. I can write descriptions for a website or a manual. As long as I'm writing, I'm happy. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you. [Edited by - Zenphobia on May 28, 2009 12:31:45 PM]
Zenphobia
Zenphobia
Thank you, Dathgale.

I hope something comes of this.
Zenphobia
Zenphobia
Shameless bump.
ProggleRock
ProggleRock
This may be a bit off topic, but I've been looking forward to Black Sigil for a while now. Did you write all of the dialogue?
Zenphobia
Zenphobia
Quote:
Original post by ProggleRock
This may be a bit off topic, but I've been looking forward to Black Sigil for a while now. Did you write all of the dialogue?


I only wrote a portion of the dialogue. Even then, I'm not sure what was used and what wasn't.

[Edited by - Zenphobia on May 23, 2009 8:17:55 AM]
Zenphobia
Zenphobia
I am still available for employment.
Zenphobia
Zenphobia
Last bump.
bradleat
bradleat
Hmm,

When I reach a point where Portal Games has more cash flow I will send you and email... If you don't have anyother requests soon send me an email at bradleat@gmail.com so I know to contact you (I don't check gamedev often)...

Bradleat, Founder of Portal Games
His Destiny and mine conflict

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.