Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Putting in a sky + detail maps\microdetail maps

Started by E3pO May 21, 2009 at 11:35 AM 0 replies 450+ views
Original Post
E3pO
E3pO
Hello, I'm new to C# programming for Direct X and I'm looking into how I can replace the blue sky with something else. I'm also looking into how to add detail maps on textures, and using bump maps. For instance, This is the ground texture I'm using. http://ts.wmclan.net:74/photos/Yoyo/ground.png I want to blend this with Primary Detail Map: http://ts.wmclan.net:74/photos/Yoyo/ground2.PNG Secondary Detail Map: http://ts.wmclan.net:74/photos/Yoyo/ground3.PNG Micro Detail Map http://ts.wmclan.net:74/photos/Yoyo/ground4.PNG Bump map: http://ts.wmclan.net:74/photos/Yoyo/ground5.PNG If possible, i would love for the sky to be something along the lines of http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8670/singlesback.png and have some sort of code to wrap the sky around the map making it look non boxy. Or maybe just have a sky texture on 6 planes. (Box has 6 sides). Any help would be greatly appreciated. End product should look something like this for the ground.. http://ts.wmclan.net:74/photos/Yoyo/example.PNG [Edited by - E3pO on May 21, 2009 11:56:50 AM]

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.