Original Post
First of all I would like to thank WitchLord for AngelScript. I decided to use AngelScript as the scripting engine for my current project. I certainly don't regret that decision; it was very easy to integrate AngelScript within my project. Unfortunately, it looks like I've run into a problem. Well, it isn't exactly a problem, but rather a feature that I miss. You see, I would like to create classes derived from application registered classes. There are of course other methods to implement similar functionalities, but an implementation based upon inheritance would be much easier and elegant. Judging from the AngelScript website the idea to inherit from application classes is known, but it isn't a big priority at the moment (correct me, if I'm wrong). That isn't a problem though as I'm willing to look at the problem myself. Whether I'll succeed is another question, but I think it's worth a try. Now, I've been looking around a little bit to investigate what is preventing application registered classes from being derivable. I came across the next text-fragement:
Quote:From this text-fragment I gather that AngelScript uses different classes for classes registered within AngelScript and classes registered by the application. If this assumption is right, then which classes are meant? I already looked at the source code, but I figured out it would be faster if I would ask it. Thanks in advance.
A common super class for all script classes Maybe a super class for all script classes can be implemented. The super class, won't have any properties or methods. It is only used as a common base, so that all classes can be stored in a common way. It could also be seen as an interface that all classes implement. Potential drawback: Application registered classes won't always be derived from the super class, thus separating them from the script classes. Advantage: All script classes will have a common denominator, facilitating the storage of them. An application registered class that derive from an AngelScript class interface, can be registered to have this same common denominator which should make it possible to have script classes inherit from application registered classes.