Original Post
Right, I know this has been asked a dozen of times, but none of the threads or articles I dug out actually helped me get it right, so this thread is pretty much my last hope. :) So, the hexes are lined up thusly: 0,0 ------- 0,1 ------- 0,2 ----- 1,0 ------- 1,1 ----- 2,0 ------- 2,1 ------- 2,2 The numbers are hex x,y coordinates. What complicates things a little is that they are lined up vertically, and that the tiles are 20 x 16, like this: __ /..\ 16 \__/ 20 (4+12+4) So, typically, I have the mouse coordinates of where the user clicked, and using that I need to find the actual hex x,y the user clicked on. If it helps, this is the best article I found (that is, closest to what I actually need), but I still couldn't implement that properly. It not only gives me the wrong coordinates, it also doesn't have consistent values for a single hex. What I'd like is some specific formula for my own tile size and dimensions, without any scrolling offset considerations (consider the map to be unscrollable).
