Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Making a complaint

Started by Awoken Jul 1, 2009 at 9:28 PM 7 replies 1.6k views
Original Post
Awoken
Awoken
... [Edited by - Awoken on September 15, 2009 7:16:37 PM]
Kalten
Kalten
Got cookies enabled?

It could be that your login is expiring while your typing in... dont happen to be typing from a school or work machine?
Naxos
Naxos
I usually just hit the back button and my text is still there. If that doesn't work for you, then I don't know what the problem is. I use Firefox, by the way.

Disclaimer: pretty sure this works, but I haven't had it happen to me in a while.
Developer_X
Developer_X
Use Firefox.
Enable Cookies.

Your session is timing out most likely.

(Do you type slow?)

No offense meant from that, its just if you are a slow typist, then you should pre-type your messages in Notepad or something and then only post when you are finished typing your message.

I do this whenever I am typing long posts that contain code and stuff.
Its useful.
Kalten
Kalten
I find back strips the contents of the textfield in most cases unless i've been really quick to flick back to the page (i have forward and backward buttons on my mouse that get clicked accidently a lot). It does not keep the contents in a IE6 instance from what i've seen on my work PC (it runs both IE6 and FF3.5) not sure about newer versions of IE.
jtagge75
jtagge75
Ctrl-A then Ctrl-C, saves having to open up another program to type a message. I always do that on long messages in case there is some problem posting the message.
leeor_net
leeor_net
This is unlikely but check your computers date settings. Are they accurate? Sometimes a computers clock can get messed up and be set back a few days/months/years (this computer, for instance, has a problem where it resets back to 2005 when the power goes out -- long story).
Awoken
Awoken
...

[Edited by - Awoken on September 15, 2009 7:20:51 PM]
jpetrie
jpetrie
Moving to Comments and Suggestions.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.