Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Online Game Bot .. Help required

Started by sujayg Jul 2, 2009 at 3:06 AM 4 replies 1.1k views
Original Post
sujayg
sujayg
Hi , I need to develop a game add on for an online game in C++ , VC++ . As I am new to game development, I would like to know what are the steps for developing the addon . I am not new to addons, in fact I have developed addons for Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook , but as game development is new I need help. Thanks in advance, Sujay
Hodgman
Hodgman
Are you making an add-on for someone else's game? Does that game support add-ons?
sujayg
sujayg
Yes I am making an addon for a different game , "eve online" .

ToohrVyk
ToohrVyk
To develop an add-on, you would have to look for an SDK. It should be available from the developers of the game. Install the SDK, read the documentation, and start coding.

As for EVE Online, last time I looked they did not support add-ons, but that was back in 2008 so perhaps they have changed their positioning—do you have any references to announcements from the developers about the add-on system?
Amrazek
Amrazek
Eve seems to have a fairly straightforward API for third-party programs to access in-game data. I have the feeling you're looking for something shady by the title of your post though. It's against eve's EULA to use or write a macro like that.
If I put my 2 cents in and get a penny for my thoughts, where does my other penny go?
sujayg
sujayg
Hello All ,

Thanks for the help ... I was also thinking about a SDK , thanks for pointing that .

@Amrazek --- I have been told to build an addon. Thanks for pointing to the EULA, I shall go through it. So I am not building anything shady :-)
Thanks,

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.