Original Post
Hey I have acquired a T3 connection, bought a decent used 1U server with 4 gigs of ram, set it up to run a 1998 flight sim, added a meta server which is game specific and tied the game server to the meta and other metas' IPs. I can run multiple server with great ping and inplay framerates. However, in a 24 hr cycle, while the servers still show in their dos panel on the server, viewed remotely, the server no longer shows up through the meta(s). I have seen some related text to the metaserver function: "Every time a server is added/removed from the list, the server list is saved in a file server_list.dat near the meta executable. When the meta is restarted, it will try to read the server entries from that server_list.dat. Every minute the meta will check registration time for each server in its list; if 24 hours have passed, the server is assumed to be 'stalled' (closed without informing the meta) and is removed from the list. In the normal case, when a server shuts down, the meta will be informed and the server goes out of list immediately. Now assuming another case, your server crashed but you know it (but not the meta), you will restart server (and maybe computer); the server will register again to the meta; the meta will see that it already has the entry for this server in his list, and will update the registration time with the new time, which is correct." I have made sure that AVG is not involved, so is this something in Win2K, an improper set up perhaps, that is blocking the meta from "polling" even though for the 24 hours, the server can be seen by the client through the IP linked metaserver? Not a programmer, so I apologize for lacking depth of vernacular. Regards Swampfox