Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

PocketPC Game Programming :(

Started by masterg Jul 11, 2001 at 7:32 PM 3 replies 1k views
Original Post
masterg
masterg
Hello, this afternoon I purchased the book PocketPC Game Programming, read the first 150 pages to find out that I cant run the programs I make, because I don''t have/know of any emulators that can emulate Pocket PC''s hardware on WinME. My code is all fine, but I don''t have a PocketPC, and I am running WinME so I cant run the only emulator I know of, because it only supports Win2000 and Win NT. Please anyone can somehow help me, I would greatly ( i really would be very greatful) appreciate any help. Thanks again.
masterghttp:/masterg.andyc.org
markhsch
markhsch
You have some choices:
1) Take the book back and forget about the PocketPC
2) Upgrade to Windows2000
3) Buy a PocketPC

In other words, as far as I know, there is no emulation environment that will work on WIN ME.

-Mark
masterg
masterg
Why the thumbs down? Thanks for the post, I knew that information already, but Im going to keep the book, because I may get a PocketPC for my b-day, I found out my dad has Win2000 on his laptop, and I''m interested in learning about programming on a portable device, because they have not yet been dominated by any big game companies. peace
masterghttp:/masterg.andyc.org
sundialsoft
sundialsoft
I know the feeling. I have a W2K machine and an ME machine and can only run the emulator on the W2K however I do have an iPaq.

One way round your problem which a few people have used is to write the code to display either on a PC using VC6 or PocketPC using eVC. Only the screen handling is different.

AN example can be seen in the Phantom''s easyce GAPI based kit at www.pocketmatrix.com ( see the Phantom''s forum )

Ian
KwamiMatrix
KwamiMatrix
masterg, if you get a PocketPC, I really recomment a compaq IPaq. I love the iPaq(even though I don't have one.) I have a Palm IIIxe, and plan to start developing for the Palm OS soon.

Edem Attiogbe

Edited by - KwamiMatrix on December 28, 2001 4:37:30 AM
Edem Attiogbe

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.