Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

IPX under windows?

Started by fiammy Dec 21, 1999 at 5:06 AM 2 replies 1.2k views
Original Post
fiammy
fiammy
I am working on a game with Allegro, with versions for DOS, Windows and Linux. I would like to know if there is a way of programming IPX under windows without having to use DirectPlay (which makes the versions incompatible with each other)?
Davvo
Davvo
Use WinSock. I think gamedev has a tutorial on it.
"Du kan kalla mig idiot, det har jag inget emot.
Jag är en idiot."
-Bob Hund
(It's swedish, means:
"You can call me an idiot, I don't care.
I am an idiot.")
SiCrane
SiCrane
If you use Winsock for IPX programming, you have to use Winsock 2.0. Winsock 1.1 and earlier doesn't support IPX as a socket creation option. But once the IPX socket is created, you can pretty much treat it like any other Winsock socket.
fiammy
fiammy
OK. Thanks, that should do the trick. I'll get on it right away

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.