Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

What's the worse thing a gf has done to you?

Started by bzroom Sep 4, 2009 at 1:08 AM 64 replies 12k views
Original Post
bzroom
bzroom
I guess i'm just trying to make myself better by hearing some of your sad stories. So what's the worst thing a girlfriend has done to you when you thought everthing was going about as well as it could possibly be going? My gf went to basically a counseling camp to deal with her personal issues. For the first week she'd call me ever other day or so. then one day she just stopped calling for about a month. After the month she called me and we had a wonderful conversation, over a couple days. Then poof, she disapeared again. It's been almost 2 months now since i've heard from her. Last i heard she was supposed to be home after a month and a half so we're well past that. She just basically abondoned me.. It's the most anti climactic break up i've ever been in. So now.. tell me your really messed up stories so we can all lol at how not dramatic my story was.
fnm
fnm
A friend of mine just told me about his vacation in Croatia with his (ex)gf. The chick was having her monthlies, so the guy thought he better not go to bed with her. That upsets her that bad that she wanted to dump him on the highway (they traveled in her car). She eventually called the cops, after the guy refused to leave the car. The cops said he have to leave the car, but the girl have to carry home his luggage (lots of sub equipment). So he finds himself in Zagreb, pedestrian and with almost empty pockets. He arrived at home after 2 days, after changing lots of trains and sleeping in train stations. He's wondering if he'll ever see his neoprene stuff again.

Maybe this will cheer you up a bit.
Wavarian
Wavarian
In my 10th year of school, I had introduced my then gf to my parents at the school formal (dance). The night progressed really well, though not without her ex making snide remarks and trying to degrade her. At the end of the night she finally told me that she had gotten back together with her ex a week earlier.

After a month of him treating her like shit, she left him.
Toolmaker
Toolmaker
Technically she wasn't my girlfriend anymore, but after I broke up with my ex-gf after 8.5 years, she started a relationship with another guy in less than a month. That was pretty painful.
 
capn_midnight
capn_midnight
I had been dating this girl for a couple of months, when one day while I'm at her place, someone knocked on the door. She booked it out the door without any explanation, and didn't come back until about two hours later. She explained that it was her ex, and that she had to talk him down from beating me up (this, just after I had gotten my black belt). She assured me that he was just being obsessive and that she told him off, it was over. The next time I see her, she wants to "take a break to figure things out". This should have been my first hint, but I was pretty naive.

A week later she called me up and wanted me to come over. I figured "hmm, okay, I guess she's made up her mind." After a bit of a romp, the next day she had this huge diamond ring on her finger, so I walked away because I new I couldn't handle the situation without blowing up at that point. She calls me later in the day, asking me why I was being such a dick, so I confront her about the ring. She creates this cockamamie story about it belonging to her best friend before the friend supposedly died in a drunk driving accident. I told her I had to think about things for a little bit and ended the call. She called me 15 minutes later and admitted that it was the ex's ring and blah blah blah and he gave it to her that day when she left me in her place for 2 hours, asking her to just wear it without giving an answer yet or some shit. I told her that was it, that I was done, and hung up. She calls back 15 minutes later again, this time crying because supposedly the other guy broke up with her, and "she really thinks she loves me." Boo hoo hoo, I told her I'd never talk to her again.

And I held true to that promise, despite all of the situations in which we ran into each other over the next two years. She even enlisted a classmate of mine to try to "appeal" to me, "hey man, just look at it this way, you don't have to love her, you can just use her for sex!" There was another relationship that ended instantly, but he was kind of useless anyway. It actually helped me get through it at the time, knowing that she was torn up about it, being completely cold towards her, and not caving into her advances.

Looking back now, the entire span of time covering that relationship was a rather hilarious time. It taught me a lot about what I do and do not want in a woman. I haven't been too upset with the small number relationships I've had since then, because I'd rather find the right person than be like half of my friend and be dating someone just because of some fear of being single.
owl
owl
The worst think a gf has done (or any woman can do) to me, is trying to manipulate me through my feelings particulary if they know I'm passing through a moment of weakness. That's something I don't forget, and I certainly don't forgive.

Sadly, that's what most women do. Thus one has to be an garde most of the time and pick very wisely when one is going to let one's feeling flow and how to do it without giving them the impression they can control you.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Alpha_ProgDes
Alpha_ProgDes
Quote:
Original post by owl
The worst think a gf has done (or any woman can do) to me, is trying to manipulate me through my feelings particulary if they know I'm passing through a moment of weakness. That's something I don't forget, and I certainly don't forgive.

Sadly, that's what most women do. Thus one has to be an garde most of the time and pick very wisely when one is going to let one's feeling flow and how to do it without giving them the impression they can control you.


I concur.
Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.  
bzroom
bzroom
Quote:
Original post by capn_midnight
...


That sounds almost exactly like my previous gf. Her ex was suicidal. One night he was outside our window listening to us, doing what humans do.. And he told her the next day about how he was on his way to kill himself and was just outside listening. And basically.. she went back to him. I still got to bone her all the time but eventually it wasn't enough to make up for the hurt so I just moved out and didnt talk to her for like a year.

That poor guy, he had it a lot worse than me though. If he was a member of this board he'd tell you. His gf went on spring break for a week with me. The day she comes back he pops up and we're in bed together.. Couple days later he knows it's over him (at least for a few months.)

It's proof though that if you're crazy enough, chicks will come back to you. My friend asked me what he should do when his girl wanted to break up and i was like just go crazy man, it always seems to work. And he did, and it did.. Me, i'm too chill to go crazy. When a girl says she wants to break up, i'm usually just like "ok." Which i then regret like an hour later like "why didnt i at least resist!?"

I just really miss my girl.. I'm mad at her sometimes about this whole thing, but it's not like she was sleeping around while we're togethr and lieing about it. So i guess i forgive her. I think if you saw pictures of her you'd forgive her too haha.

laztrezort
laztrezort
Quote:
Original post by bzroom
So what's the worst thing a girlfriend has done to you when you thought everthing was going about as well as it could possibly be going?

Lets see, the worst... well, one ex moved out while I wasn't home one day, and started dating another girl. Probably not the best thing for the ol' self-esteem, especially in my younger, more fragile days.
bzroom
bzroom
Not to belittle your experience, but i've never understood the "my girl left my for another girl" story. I could totally live with that, much more so than if she left me for a man. If you wanna go make out with chicks that's coo with me. It'd be even cooler if we could all make out but hey i'll just imagine in the mean time.

It's hurtful for me to imagine her being with another guy. But if i imagine she was with another girl.. i think i actually get turned on a little haha.
d000hg
d000hg
Quote:
Original post by owl
The worst think a gf has done (or any woman can do) to me, is trying to manipulate me through my feelings particulary if they know I'm passing through a moment of weakness. That's something I don't forget, and I certainly don't forgive.

Sadly, that's what most women do. Thus one has to be an garde most of the time and pick very wisely when one is going to let one's feeling flow and how to do it without giving them the impression they can control you.
Lot's of people here seem to have had some pretty twisted relationships... aren't any couples just honest with each other instead of playing weird games?

laztrezort
laztrezort
Quote:
Original post by bzroom
It's hurtful for me to imagine her being with another guy. But if i imagine she was with another girl.. i think i actually get turned on a little haha.

Hehe, yeah, I'd usually agree. But I suppose with the break-up situation already as sh*tty as it already was, at the time it just seemed to me like another kick-in-the-cahones.

Not to mention ammunition for jokes from the other guys.

btw, her particular choice of girlfriend was not the type of girl usually found in most men's threesome fantasies, if you get my meaning.
bzroom
bzroom
Yea the leaving while youre away thing sucks. Kinda like what happend to me. Usually when i'm involved with a break up theres at least some kind of dialog. This was more of just a vanishing. So i can feel you on that..

And i think i threw up in my mouth a little with your last comment. :) This other girl i kind of picked up in the mean time is bi. Her and all her lesbian girlfriends are super hot asian chicks.. I must just live in fantasy land.

But as far as like having a connection with someone. Hot asian and bi can't really live up to what i thought i had with the other girl, but it'll do for now.
zer0wolf
zer0wolf
Quote:
Original post by d000hg
Lot's of people here seem to have had some pretty twisted relationships... aren't any couples just honest with each other instead of playing weird games?

My wife and I are open and honest with each other. I think it is a pretty rare thing, which is why I find her to be so awesome. [wink]
phear-
phear-
Quote:
Original post by d000hg
Quote:
Original post by owl
The worst think a gf has done (or any woman can do) to me, is trying to manipulate me through my feelings particulary if they know I'm passing through a moment of weakness. That's something I don't forget, and I certainly don't forgive.

Sadly, that's what most women do. Thus one has to be an garde most of the time and pick very wisely when one is going to let one's feeling flow and how to do it without giving them the impression they can control you.
Lot's of people here seem to have had some pretty twisted relationships... aren't any couples just honest with each other instead of playing weird games?


In this day and age you wont find many "honest" relationships.
__________________________________________
Eugene Alfonso
GTP | Twitter | SFML | OS-Dev
Umbongo
Umbongo
Quote:
Original post by phear-
In this day and age you wont find many "honest" relationships.


I'll agree, but I think we should bare in mind that people are far more likely to share tales of bad experiences.
trzy
trzy
Quote:
Original post by phear-
Quote:
Original post by d000hg
Quote:
Original post by owl
The worst think a gf has done (or any woman can do) to me, is trying to manipulate me through my feelings particulary if they know I'm passing through a moment of weakness. That's something I don't forget, and I certainly don't forgive.

Sadly, that's what most women do. Thus one has to be an garde most of the time and pick very wisely when one is going to let one's feeling flow and how to do it without giving them the impression they can control you.
Lot's of people here seem to have had some pretty twisted relationships... aren't any couples just honest with each other instead of playing weird games?


In this day and age you wont find many "honest" relationships.


In this day and age? Why is that?

----Bart
ukdeveloper
ukdeveloper
Quote:
Original post by trzy
Quote:
Original post by phear-
Quote:
Original post by d000hg
Quote:
Original post by owl
The worst think a gf has done (or any woman can do) to me, is trying to manipulate me through my feelings particulary if they know I'm passing through a moment of weakness. That's something I don't forget, and I certainly don't forgive.

Sadly, that's what most women do. Thus one has to be an garde most of the time and pick very wisely when one is going to let one's feeling flow and how to do it without giving them the impression they can control you.
Lot's of people here seem to have had some pretty twisted relationships... aren't any couples just honest with each other instead of playing weird games?


In this day and age you wont find many "honest" relationships.


In this day and age? Why is that?


Because people these days are twisted and morally corrupt. Any person in their 70s or 80s will tell you this, and how things have changed.

Hell, I was born in 1987 at the height of the UK's yuppie era and even I think society has gone downhill noticeably in the past few years.

owl
owl
Quote:
Original post by ukdeveloper
Quote:
Original post by trzy
Quote:
Original post by phear-
Quote:
Original post by d000hg
Quote:
Original post by owl
The worst think a gf has done (or any woman can do) to me, is trying to manipulate me through my feelings particulary if they know I'm passing through a moment of weakness. That's something I don't forget, and I certainly don't forgive.

Sadly, that's what most women do. Thus one has to be an garde most of the time and pick very wisely when one is going to let one's feeling flow and how to do it without giving them the impression they can control you.
Lot's of people here seem to have had some pretty twisted relationships... aren't any couples just honest with each other instead of playing weird games?


In this day and age you wont find many "honest" relationships.


In this day and age? Why is that?


Because people these days are twisted and morally corrupt. Any person in their 70s or 80s will tell you this, and how things have changed.


I do not agree. These days, women can behave as they please without society exerting "moralist" pressure on them. And, that, forces us men to behave as MEN when society doesn't require us to be real men (in order to survive).

The truth is that women wants MEN not weak romantic morons. They don't want just romance, they want it all, in every hole.

Thing which I think is good.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
trzy
trzy
Quote:
Original post by ukdeveloper
Quote:
Original post by trzy
Quote:
Original post by phear-
Quote:
Original post by d000hg
Quote:
Original post by owl
The worst think a gf has done (or any woman can do) to me, is trying to manipulate me through my feelings particulary if they know I'm passing through a moment of weakness. That's something I don't forget, and I certainly don't forgive.

Sadly, that's what most women do. Thus one has to be an garde most of the time and pick very wisely when one is going to let one's feeling flow and how to do it without giving them the impression they can control you.
Lot's of people here seem to have had some pretty twisted relationships... aren't any couples just honest with each other instead of playing weird games?


In this day and age you wont find many "honest" relationships.


In this day and age? Why is that?


Because people these days are twisted and morally corrupt. Any person in their 70s or 80s will tell you this, and how things have changed.

Hell, I was born in 1987 at the height of the UK's yuppie era and even I think society has gone downhill noticeably in the past few years.


People in their 70's and 80's grew up in a time of rigid gender roles as well as strong ideas about the purpose and value of relationships, and the responsibilities of each person to their partner. Much has changed. People are now primarily interested in finding partners with compatible lifestyle interests. They're less willing to settle and have limited patience for making troubled relationships work, as there is no longer less value in the relationship itself versus what both people get out of it.

Most people still want intimate, lasting relationships. I think society is just trying to feel things out right now and will ultimately settle upon a new norm.
----Bart

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.