Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

overdraw stats?

Started by Julio Jul 17, 2001 at 12:36 PM 1 replies 600+ views
Original Post
Julio
Julio
I know that when you render objects in the foreground before objects in the background it''s slower than depth sorting them and then rendering. does anybody know of any statistics for this as far as OpenGL (or I guess Direc3D aswell for that matter)? how much does it actually slow down? thanks, Joe HHSDrum@yahoo.com Polarisoft Home Page
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
zedzeek
zedzeek
i think u got that around the wrong way.
of course this varies per card (old voodoos make no difference) + per scene but for solid polygons u should always try to draw the ones closest to the camera first, this''ll result in a 0-20% speedup.

http://members.xoom.com/myBollux

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.