Original Post
I have the following function in the web page: Prior to Firefox 3.5 on XP, this function did all that was expected, ending with the popup having focus even if the "GameHelp" popup window was already opened. After upgrading to Firefox 3.5, the popup window "GameHelp" gains focus when it is first created, but will not gain focus if this function is called while the "GameHelp" window already exists. It does move to 0,0 and goes to the new URL, suggesting that this function is indeed being called. The prior behavior before 3.5 is what I require. If the popup already exists, set it to a possibly new URL and give it focus. However it no longer gains focus with Firefox 3.5. Is there something I can do differently that will give an existing "GameHelp" popup window focus? IE 8 seems to work "properly" in this regard.
function ShowHelp(tag)
{
if (tag == "") { tag = "empty"; }
helpWindow = window.open(tag + ".htm", "GameHelp", "location=1, status=1, scrollbars=1, width=600, height=200");
helpWindow.moveTo(0,0);
helpWindow.focus();
}