Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked 🤖 Godot

Recommend a budget steering wheel?

Started by d000hg Oct 11, 2009 at 12:15 PM 0 replies 600+ views
Original Post
d000hg
d000hg
For PC games primarily (I know some advertise cross-compatibility with consoles which would be a bonus). I've never played driving games with a wheel before, normally keyboard, so I'm really looking for something cheap but not too flimsy... is there any budget (under $40-50) wheel which stands out? Pedals and stuff are fine but I don't need 'em, similarly fancy force feedback. Side question, the devices which work with consoles as well as PCs, are they special in any way or do they just come with an adapter to plug into the consoles' custom USB sockets? If so can any generic USB wheel work on a PS2/3 with an adapter? For reference, this is the top of my list so far: link
oliii
oliii
Looks like it is not force feedback, but just does vibrations. Force feedback would be the first thing I'd look for a wheel. Otherwise, I don;t really see the appeal over a joypad. Coincidently, that's makes these wheel expensive :/
Everything is better with Metal.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.