Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Unsure

Started by caffeineaddict Jul 20, 2001 at 11:50 PM 0 replies 450+ views
Original Post
caffeineaddict
caffeineaddict
I''m not really sure where to put this question since it''s about both OpenGL and DirectX so here it goes. I have many game programming books including the OpenGL book by Dave Astle and Kevin Hawkins of the site(which i''ve finished reading btw and am starving for more) and i''ve got some of Andre Lamothe''s books, I was reading one of Andre''s book and was reading about DirectX graphics part. I saw that setting up a window and resolution is easier, in my opinion than OpenGL, so I was wondering, is it possible to setup a window using direct x and then using OpenGL code for the graphics etc.? Please help.
Obelix
Obelix
Yes, on some drivers but will crash on others. See the FAQ
http://www.frii.com/~martz/oglfaq/mswindows.htm#mswi0060

The easiest way is by using something like GLUT instead.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.