Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Reccomend a Music / Guitar Forum

Started by fpsgamer Oct 24, 2009 at 6:46 PM 3 replies 1k views
Original Post
fpsgamer
fpsgamer
I've been playing guitar for more than a year now and I want to join a forum where I can ask music theory questions. I already know about ultimate-guitar.com, but I frankly find the average user to be a little annoying :-/ Can anyone recommend a good site with friendly smart people? Sort of like Gamedev, but for music :)
jackolantern1
jackolantern1
Honestly, I don't think it is a matter of finding the right place. I just think you will have to wade through a lot of shallow users in pretty much any forum, because I just don't know what kind of percentage of players really care to dig into theory and advanced topics. You could perhaps try a classical guitar forum if you can find one, because I find that those players tend to be the more enlightened, philosophical types a bit more often.
Promit
Promit
Harmony Central is the only one worth visiting, IME.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
geo2004
geo2004
Quote:
Original post by Promit
Harmony Central is the only one worth visiting, IME.


Agreed. I haven't browsed there in a while, but back when I was playing guitar a lot HC was awesome (this was about 5 years ago).

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.