Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Atmospheric Scattering as a Post-Process

Started by BigDaveDev Oct 27, 2009 at 8:39 AM 0 replies 800+ views
Original Post
BigDaveDev
BigDaveDev
Hi guys, I am new to these forums, but not so new to the game development stuff. I have been on the BSc(Honours) Computer Games Technology course at the University of Abertay Dundee in sunny Scotland now for several years and am now working on my honours project. I just wanted to poll your opinion on my research question, just to see what you guys think: "Can atmospheric scattering be implemented efficiently in computer games, with minimal compromise in accuracy?" I will be doing this on the PS3 and am very excited about it. I have been doing post-processing in DirectX9.0c for about a month and it's a very cool topic! So what are your opinions? Let me know! I have a blog as well that is updated (fairly) regularly with small progress reports. It can be found at: http://bigdavedev.com/honours-blog/ I look forward to hearing your comments! Dave
Cows would last a lot longer if they weren't made of steak and leather.

Check out my site: bigdavedev.com

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.