Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

OGRE3d "Not a valid Win32 application" vc2008 problem HELP!

Started by TheForgottenMindset Nov 8, 2009 at 6:27 PM 2 replies 1.4k views
Original Post
TheForgottenMindset
TheForgottenMindset
Ok, so I'm using the latest ogre sdk with vc++2008 and all of a sudden my program I'm working on will not launch, it throws an error "not a valid win32 application" before it starts. WHY!!! It was working fine, I changed nothing and it does this. I've tried switching from debug to release, no difference. Everything compliles fine, but windows throws that error every time I launch the program (even outside the ide). How do I know if its running in 64 bit mode? Its even doing this for regular win32 sample projects (non ogre). It feels like it's not linking right or something.... any ideas? Thanks guys! [Edited by - TheForgottenMindset on November 8, 2009 7:38:35 PM]
KaptainKomunist
KaptainKomunist
Well, a few things, do you have the newest service-pack installed?
have you tried doing a clean build?
do you have a virus on your system?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling VS2K8?
TheForgottenMindset
TheForgottenMindset
Ok somehow it fixed itself when I got home

but I put this in to make sure it was building a win32 program

#define WINVER 0x0501 // 501 = win xp
#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0501


http://blogs.msdn.com/dsvc/archive/2009/06/19/troubleshooting-not-a-valid-win32-application-error-at-the-startup.aspx
TheForgottenMindset
TheForgottenMindset
Ok so the problem is back again!

It's possessed!

It is compliling to program for the right version of windows (I checked the header info)

but it's still whack

any program I compile whether a basic console or win32 app throws this error before the program even launches!

Yes ive reinstalled
Yes ive got service pack 3
Yes i'm angry because I cant work on my masterpiece

The video game gods will bless those who bless me

Thanks :p

Any other suggestions/possibilities?

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.