Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

'PnigiN' (Pengo remake).

Started by Marmin Nov 19, 2009 at 8:02 AM 0 replies 1.4k views
Original Post
Marmin
Marmin
Hi, I've uploaded a new bèta release of my project 'PnigiN' (a Pengo advanced remake). I am bèta testing this right now. The testing is a pain because I chose to program things in a mix of OOP and 'old' procedural methods. It is a learning project for me. Please note the text is in Dutch for the moment but anyoneshould know the basic gameplay of Pengo. It's a classic. As you can see you'll be able to align more than three blocks to earn bonus score. You can make patterns and blow up enemies. But I stuck to the basic gameplay as much as possible. All artwork, AI and programming is original, all is setup from absolutely nothing and no engines are used except SDL. Technical stuff: This project is developed with the FreePascal compiler, this is an open source Object Pascal (aka. Delphi ) compiler which is great if you like Pascal. It uses OpenGL and SDL and is cross platform. If a beta release is available I'll post it with pics in the IOTD. If I don't succeed because of time issues, the project will be vapourware forever .
>yt video

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.