Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Need help... Symbian OpenGL ES is horribly slow

Started by DJHoltkamp Nov 20, 2009 at 11:45 AM 0 replies 500+ views
Original Post
DJHoltkamp
DJHoltkamp
I am creating a game for Symbian S60 on a 5800 and I just can't figure out why my OpenGL code is so incredibly slow. I can think of a couple possibilities, but no diffinitive answer. If anyone has some insight into optimizations on this platform, it would be a huge help. Currently, here are some of my ideas: - I am using a 32 bit RGBA values, maybe I should do 16 bit? - Is there a way to activate the FPU to run with OpenGL ES? - Does using Color3f make the system do simulated floating point operations?
panic
panic
The Nokia 5800 doesn't have any Hardware acceleration (despite what some lesser informed websites state). So that's probably why you're getting bad performance, it's the Hybrid Software GL|ES implementation that's running, which is about the same as running the REF driver in for example D3D on windows.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.