Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

OpenGL texture problem with Windows 7 upgrade

Started by Marmin Dec 3, 2009 at 5:47 AM 4 replies 2.6k views
Original Post
Marmin
Marmin
I've recently installed a windows 7 upgrade Kit. The problem I have is that the textures of my project are totally screwed. I'm starting to analyze the situation: 1) I haven't changed anything in the code, at all 2) I had no texture problems in Xp, Vista 3) On the same computer, all worked fine in Vista Should I do some sort of tweaking in windows 7 to have opengl work properly? It might be a simple problem, but I'm in the debugging process of my project and I'm just confused now as I have not changed anything in my computer setup and code except for having upgraded to Windows 7. The last thing I need is rewriting the ogl code.
BlackSeeds
BlackSeeds
I moved over to windows 7 with no problems at all with openGL, even my really old projects worked fine. So bearing that in mind I didnt change any windows settings to get GL to work, it should just be fine, ensure you have latest graphics drivers that may be causing an issue?

Also it would be useful to know how you mean "screwed" what do they look like?

How are these textures loaded into the project? if your using some windows code to look in and enumerate directories then that could be also the issue not just GL.
xDS4Lx
xDS4Lx
You said you installed a Win7 upgrade kit, doing upgrades between versions of windows is always a tricky thing. After you upgraded did you reinstall your video drivers? If not try that and let us know if that helps.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
Marmin
Marmin
It's one big mess. It seems the wrong texture numbers are displayed, rotated . I tried a little code modification but the bug seems persistent. It doesn't make sense. Windows tells me the latest drivers are installed.
BlackSeeds
BlackSeeds
if the wrong textures are being displayed sounds like it might be an issue to do with your texture manager or material system whatever you use not openGL, if openGL is rendering textures then it shouldnt be doing anything wrong...the textures may also appear rotated because if a texture is mapped to the wrong object the UV's might not be right for that texture.

Just go back to basics mapping a single texture to a single polygon and see if that comes out correctly then you can look as to why the wrong textures are being applied..

are you using the same compiler to build this code? or just running an exe?
Marmin
Marmin
I think I found the main problem; it only displayes the last texture I loaded. f.e. out of an array of textures it will only display the last texture. Even if I feed it texture[1] . No code changed whatsoever, in vista I didn't have this problem.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.