Original Post
Hi everyone. I'm pretty new here but I've been looking into game creation for a while. I'll admit, I don't know very much code. I've played around in both C# and C++ and C# seems nicer but I always run into the problem of not knowing what and when to write things. Do you think it's possible to learn to code as I try to create a game? I want to create a rhythm game like Guitar Hero or Amplitude. I'd also like to create an environment. When I say that, I just mean a world that you can walk around in with sounds and things. I found this engine called Quest3D www.quest3d.com which is GREAT because it uses a visual coding language so I still have to figure out the logic behind the game, but I don't have to worry about what to write and try to hunt for that missed semicolin on line 263. I was looking at this until I saw the price (over 600 dollars for the basic version... ouch) So now I'm back to square one I guess. Do you think there's a program that can somehow convert the APIs of text based coding languages into a visual node based language or should I just shut all ideas of creating anything down until I sit through a C#(or C++ 101 book)? Sorry if I just sound like a lazy person who doesn't want to learn any code, but I really have tried to take the time and learn, but I have to say it's not gotten me very far. (It took and friend and I around 4+ hours to get ONE SIMPLE SOUND to play using the FMOD API and it turns out that it was because of something like a missing quote or something.) <-- is more of a level and sound designer than programmer-- Thanks in advance for replying.