Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

How often you drink?

Started by owl Dec 16, 2009 at 8:29 PM 116 replies 20.5k views
Original Post
owl
owl
My brain is on fire. I've been sleeping little at night and having lots of hours at work with heavy social interaction. I'm exhausted but I just can't stop. I could really use a bottle of fine whisky (actually, at this point, *any* whisky would do). Do you drink? What you like drinking the most? What are the moments you best enjoy having a good booze?
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Dreddnafious Maelstrom
Dreddnafious Maelstrom
I drink about 3 times a month and on holidays. I like good single malt scotches and blends. I'm not in to the real peaty scotches that smell like bandaids.

If I'm not drinking scotch I enjoy good whiskey. Jack Daniels is probably my favorite. Back in the day I used to drink tequila like it made you live longer but so many of my interests these days require you to be able to use your brain. [smile]
"Let Us Now Try Liberty"-- Frederick Bastiat
Dunge
Dunge
2 or 3 beers per day, and yeah, it did reduced my mental faculties quite a bit after a while.
Trapper Zoid
Trapper Zoid
Red wine, usually a glass a day. Sometimes cider or beer instead.
Codeka
Codeka
I enjoy a beer every now and then. I don't usually drink alone, it's a social thing and these days, I don't really drink to get drunk either. I guess that's a phase you grow out of...

Quote:
Original post by Dreddnafious Maelstrom
If I'm not drinking scotch I enjoy good whiskey
Scotch is whisky... in fact, Scotch is the original whisky.
capn_midnight
capn_midnight
I drink something practically every night. I drink to the point of intoxication probably 3 times a week. But then, I'm brewing and trying to get into pro-brewing, so a lot of this drinking is "research". One of the contributing factors to me moving to the Philadelphia area was the great microbrew scene out here.
djz
djz
As often as possible.
Hodgman
Hodgman
We have beers every Friday at work (beer-o-clock!). I try not to drink if I'm working the next day because I'm not good with hangovers, even after bacon. In holiday periods this rule obviously disappears ;)
Beer (of any sort) is ok, but Bourbon is my drink of choice.
Quote:
Scotch is whisky... in fact, Scotch is the original whisky.
So, isn't there only a problem if he said "If I'm not drinking whiskey I enjoy good scotch"?
zer0wolf
zer0wolf
I drink pretty frequently. My wife and I consume wine, rum, or whiskey several nights a week. I drink to the point of actual intoxication maybe a couple times a week, but in general between two kids and a full time job, relaxing with a few drinks is always a nice way to end the day.
Binomine
Binomine
I was a somewhat heavy drinker, about two or three times a week until I was tipsy. Then I got a night shift job and I couldn't bring myself to drink at 7:00am, which would be the equivalent of drinking at 6:00pm. It goes against my pledge: No drinking before noon, no Christmas lights after January 14th and no naming pets after alcoholic beverages.

Now maybe a beer once every other month. I think the last drink I had was in August sometime.
Sneftel
Sneftel
Quote:
Original post by capn_midnight
But then, I'm brewing and trying to get into pro-brewing, so a lot of this drinking is "research". One of the contributing factors to me moving to the Philadelphia area was the great microbrew scene out here.

Awesome, I've just gotten into homebrewing in the last few months. What homebrew store do you go to?
Beyond_Repair
Beyond_Repair
As often as I can afford it!

Nah, it's not that bad... :P

I mostly do social drinking one/two times per month during less intensive periods and once a week during intensive periods.

I like to drink beer at home but I'm a student and beer with a decent percentage (I prefer 4-5%) is like other alcohol taxed to oblivion here (Sweden). Coming to think of it, everything is taxed to oblivion here but that's another matter.
Luckless
Luckless
I'll drink once, maybe twice a year. I have yet to find anything I can afford on a regular basis as a student that I think is actually worth drinking. I would rather drink my own piss than most of the swill students guzzle to get drunk. And I really can't see the point in drinking till you're drunk anyway.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
irreversible
irreversible
I'm living in Spain ATM and wine goes for something like 80 cents to 1.25€ per bottle. I stopped keeping count a while back :)
szecs
szecs
I haven't drunk for 3 (three) months.
One beer at "happy hour" is 2 (two) €/0.5 liter.
The shittest can bier is 2.50 (two point fifteen) €.

Too much for an unemployed.

Vodka/Jäger + beer BTW, to the edge of consciousness.
scottrick49
scottrick49
sometimes i don't drink for a couple weeks. sometimes I drink almost every day of the week. Usually its somewhere in between. nothing like sitting down for a good game of DotA with some friends and sipping on a cold beer. :D
scottrick49
Anon Mike
Anon Mike
Once or twice a month. Typically a mixed drink with rum or amaretto. I can't stand beer. I'll have a sip of wine every now and then but don't really like it.
-Mike
jrjellybean
jrjellybean
I drink all the time. In fact, I'm drunk right now :)

Seriously, though, when I have the money I tend to go through periods of drinking. Like, I'll drink for a week to the point of getting drunk, then I will drink very little, for another week.

Although, lately, I haven't been drinking as much even when I've had the money...
kseh
kseh
I used to drink pretty much every 2 weeks on the Friday just after payday. Sometimes more. But for the past year, I've only gotten really drunk maybe 5 times. That's due to having a girlfriend that doesn't drink and also not really being able to afford it anymore.
Rycross
Rycross
Once every couple of months, usually only if I'm in a social setting. I just never really enjoyed drinking alcohol. I have a ridiculously low tolerance and the benefits of the tipsy/drunk feeling doesn't seem to outweigh the detriments of the nauseous feeling. At least it saves me money. :)

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.