Original Post
Don't get me wrong, I love game development. I grew up wanting to be a gamedev: The technology is cool, the end-product is cool and the industry is passionate. However, I feel that the market is saturated with games. I don't feel that the world needs another game developer and I'm keen to put my skills to use in a field where my contribution will make some tangible difference. At the end of this year I'll have 3 years of 3d simulation experience under my belt at which point I'm hoping to move to Canada. So, what alternatives can you suggest for a developer specializing in math, systems programming, computer graphics, physics simulation, etc? I also love various other tech: Parsers, CUDA/OpenCL, functional programming, compilers, ray tracing etc, and I don't mind doing things like educational games and flash. (Btw. Also please let me know if you are aware of interesting companies in British Columbia, esp. around the Vancouver area, whether they're currently hiring or not) [Edited by - errantkid on January 11, 2010 2:21:00 AM]