Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Textures and GLUT

Started by Asmodean00 Jul 29, 2001 at 9:32 PM 1 replies 750+ views
Original Post
Asmodean00
Asmodean00
Hello, I''m using GLUT and I was wondering if GLUT has functions to deal with loading and manipulating textures (bitmaps). If not, what would the functions for OpenGL be? Any basic tutorials for texture handling? Thank you for your time, Asmodean00 I''''m a coder who sucks.
I''m a coder who sucks.
Obelix
Obelix
GLUT does not have any functions to deal with loading textures.
You have many libraries and options for this. One of the better is probably the TGA loader in one of the latest (35?) NeHe tutorials. It is a separate file with header so it is easy to use in your project. TGA is a good format since it supports bitmaps with a alpha channel.

smitty1276
smitty1276
Go to nehe.gamedev.net and there are some very good tutorials.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.