Original Post
I'm about to graduate and am seeking full time employment. While I realize this is probably the worst job market in the state of this industry, I am still going to actively look for an opportunity. I've followed the large job boards and have notice that there are next to none entry level positions posted (associate/junior level programming). This is probably because so many people apply to companies without seeking a specific position. I'm curious about the best way of approaching this process. Many companies do not publicly list recruitment emails or alternative forms of contact so I was seeking some advice on how to approach sending in my resume blindly to companies. I'm going to GDC for the second time this year and will speak to many recruiters in person to up my chances of getting a job. I live in the midwest which is not near a hub and may move after I graduate, but currently that is not an option until this summeer. I'm aware of the importance of location. I am aware of the importance of networking and am doing my best with the people I know.