Original Post
I just bought a new computer, but I'm having problems with it and was hoping somewhere here could help me narrow down the issue. Specs: CPU: Intel i7, 920 RAM: 3x 2GB Corsair DDR3 (1333MHz) Graphics: GeForce GTX275 Motherboard: Asrock X58 Extreme Power: 750W supply The problem is that after having been on for about 30min the screen image freezes, but all fans keep operating. This happens consistently even when I just enter the BIOS and look at the HW monitor. According to the HW monitor the CPU and MB temperature are both <40deg C (~100 deg F). I have tried disconnecting the HD and DVD drive, replaced the graphics card and RAM with components I know to be working. None of these have changed anything. If I restart the computer right after it freezes, then no image appears on screen and I get some beeps (2short, then pause, then 8short). If I wait a little longer it turns on alright, but the time it takes for it to freeze is considerably reduced (sometimes to 2-4min). I'm not really sure what to do to find the issue.