Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
šŸ”’ Locked

Where do sport websites get results?

Started by riruilo Feb 6, 2010 at 5:59 PM 2 replies 900+ views
Original Post
riruilo
riruilo
Hi friends! Where do sport websites (for instance http://www.xscores.com) get results? Do they use SOAP/XML or Web Servicies or something like that? Thanks a lot for ideas.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
LessBread
LessBread
What clues have you found in the html?
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
riruilo
riruilo
Quote:
Original post by LessBread
What clues have you found in the html?


Nothing. I guess result websites are generated inside their servers.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Wan
Wan
The results are updated by having client side IavaScript make asynchronous requests to the server. Where the server is getting its live data from is of course anyone's guess. I assume they subscribed to third party services and request them from their servers, possibly using a SOAP protocol.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.