Original Post
So I want to break into a game industry as a programmer. First of all I looked for a University even thought I do not expect that University will do everything for me, I still think that it should effect my programming. Some people said that Teesside University prepares games programmers the best. Or at least very well. So I've looked into their site and have found this course: Computer Games Programming. I have several questions about it: 1)Is anyone learning this course in Teesside University? How is it? What specific do you do there? 2)I've seen that some companies require Software Engineering to be hired. I wonder is this course the same with some more stuff into games programming or is it absolutely different course? I just wonder if this course would matter when looking for a job. 3)Is it hard to find a job as a game programmer? Some sources say that it's not while some of them say it is. I do not really want to make software for companies databases and etc - it looks too boring for me. And totally unchallenging. Probably the most important question (out of those 3) is the 2nd one. I don't want to study a course that wouldn't give me too much usage. Unless it would be super-useful for my programming experience.