Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Creating a split screen multiplayer

Started by bobbydriggs Feb 11, 2010 at 6:01 PM 0 replies 1.1k views
Original Post
bobbydriggs
bobbydriggs
Working on a game project, and our team would like to put in split screen multiplayer. I was wondering what the best way to do this is in DirectX. My first thought is to just render my scene from up to four different cameras, put them into their textures respectively and then render them to the screen in the proper postion. I feel like there could be a more optimized way then this. (rendering my screen 4 different times seems SLOW.) I am using a Deferred render technique for rendering my scene. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, -Bobby
Erik Rufelt
Erik Rufelt
You can set the viewport to only a part of the screen, and render 4 times to different parts of the same back-buffer. It might be more efficient, at least if you can do the deferred shading for all 4 at the same time.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.