Original Post
I'm not sure if it is OpenGL or SDL that is the problem, so sorry if this is not the right board. Anyway, I have a small (but annoying) issue with my OpenGL game. Whenever I run my game in full-screen, Aero dies and I lose the transparency effect of every window, the small window previews when I hover the mouse cursor over a window's button in the task bar, and other similar desktop features of Windows 7. (Same effect as when I unplug my laptop and the system goes to battery saving mode.) I did some searchs on Google and I discovered that some graphic card drivers disable Aero when a OpenGL application goes full-screen in order to preserve performance. This is totally fine, except that Aero is never re-enabled, and the only way I have found to restore it is to reboot my system. I've run other applications that use OpenGL to make sure that it is not my game, and the same thing happens. These problems began occuring recently, so I suppose it is a driver update that caused this... but I could be wrong. Does anyone have a solution to fix this? Or should I just port the game to DirectX and get over with this sloppy OpenGL support?