Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Seeking portfolio and resume critique

Started by dzeligman Mar 8, 2010 at 2:02 AM 2 replies 1.8k views
Original Post
dzeligman
dzeligman
Hello everyone, I figured its been a while since I've done this so I'm interested in seeing everyone's feedback on the layout, wording, aesthetics, etc of my resume and portfolio. I'm seeking a gameplay or engine related programming position. Portfolio Resume html with links to pdf/doc Resume google doc A few notes: On my resume I've decided to do a related/focus oriented layout instead of one that is chronologically. Thus, my work experience is not in order. Also I have a skills section to show level of competency as well as knowledge not shown through projects and experience. Thanks in advance.
Geoffrey
Geoffrey
Looks good, nicely organized with lots of information. You've also got an impressive amount of work experience!
M2tM
M2tM
Your stuff is nice and well set up. That's the most important thing. One thing I would re-consider is a focus oriented ordering of work experience.

When I tried to pull that trick I ended up with pretty much every single review of my resume (often by actual recruiters) suggesting I order it chronologically. The general consensus was that "it throws up a red flag that something is a little odd" and you generally don't want to do that.

Good luck!
_____"You're using a screwdriver to nail some glue to a ming vase. " -ToohrVyk
dzeligman
dzeligman
Thanks for the feedback, I'll consider reordering my work experience.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.