Original Post
URL: http://tge.stormwarestudios.com/ Further to the development of a web-based game engine technology, I have released a small client-only demo of the next incarnation of TGE, or Tempest Game Engine. - Data is loaded from XML maps, generated by TilEd map editor - Client employs line-of-sight algorithm found in earlier Ultima games (III-V) - Mouse and keyboard input is possible (keyboard input is currently employed in the demo) My idea for this engine is to utilize random generators for dungeons, worlds, and civilizations (similar to Diablo, Dwarf Fortress, etc, generated on a 'first instance' basis). Additionally, since the game is rendered entirely inside the canvas object, I am toying with the idea of deploying a custom-written user interface (not looking forward to it, though). I had considered using the browser to fulfill this need, however it seems almost a necessity for elegance' sake to keep the UI inside the canvas element. I've begun a small community site geared toward TGE's development, you can find it here: http://tge.stormwarestudios.com/. I strongly recommend, if you try the demo, to use Chrome, secondarily Safari then Firefox, and lastly enjoy the screenshots if you have nothing else :) 

[Edited by - stormwarestudios on March 11, 2010 5:08:47 AM]


[Edited by - stormwarestudios on March 11, 2010 5:08:47 AM]