Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Lesson 38 - To create resource file with Visual C++ Exporess 2008?

Started by samavan Apr 16, 2010 at 5:23 AM 0 replies 3.5k views
Original Post
samavan
samavan
Quote:
Remember, this tutorial was written in Visual C++ 6.0. If you're using anything other than Visual C++, the resource portion of this tutorial won't make sense (especially the screenshots).
And I agree it doesn't work with the Visual C++ Express 2008 application. I did some research on the forum and it seems there is a method for it with xnView. Problem is xnView will create a binary file. And checking the resource files from the tutorial there are no binary file here... But anyway I try to import it in VCE 2008 but really I do not understand how to make it work. I tried several way, but always something wrong happened when compiling and it simply say it do not understand symthax with 27 error in the *.res binary file made with xnView T_T... Does someone have a right workflow replacing the first part of lesson 38 with Visual C++ but with VCE 2008? Really thank you by advance, sama.van
samavan
samavan
Woops just found a solution, will update the thread with VCE2008 workflow :)

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.