Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

"Ignore specific Library"/ VS2008

Started by Verg Apr 21, 2010 at 7:44 PM 0 replies 1.9k views
Original Post
Verg
Verg
I have an old project I recently wanted to bring over to VS2008... haven't compiled it in about three years. It compiled fine on my old XP laptop; but I'm finding some weird behavior with the linker. Basically, I have specific .lib files in the "Ignore specific library" field of the project configuration (MSVCRTD.lib and msvcprtd.lib), and they're still getting linked against. The command line has /NODEFAULTLIB: "MSVCRTD.lib" /NODEFAULTLIB: "msvcprtd.lib" and so forth in it, and yet the linker errors are like:

error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::_Lockit::~_Lockit(void)" (??1_Lockit@std@@QAE@XZ) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(xlock.obj) msvcprtd.lib
These arise from the main executable being linked, not from libraries being linked. The project is set up as a MTd (multi-thread debug, non DLL) Seriously doubt it's a problem with VS2008... but maybe it is (?) Any light on the subject would help. Thanks. Chad
Verg
Verg
Well, of course it ended up being what I thought... something compiled with the wrong flag... but not any of my code.

I was using a version of the Loki library that had one or two projects set to MDd (not MTd) for some reason... don't know why the project was like that.

Anywho, changed the configurations of that project, rebuilt, and the program compiles and links.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.