Original Post
Team name: Activeware Intersoft (Jokingly - this is not a registered company) Brief description: This project was unofficially started in November 2008, though its development has been filled with several extended breaks. The project currently has a great network setup with a working protocol. The server is probably more developed than the client, as currently all the client allows a user to do is move, look around, jump, swim, and chat. If you have worked with a team over the internet before, this is probably not the project for you. The two of us are proud to admit our newbie status. What I believe separates us from other MMO postings here is that we are both more than people with ideas. My friend and I are both programmers, and we don't intend on getting more. TL;DR - Newbie programmers looking for ONE newbie artist to try to create a newbie product. Everyone has to start somewhere. I've been programming for a little over 8 years since back in high school. I've read these forums for years. I understand the general attitudes towards MMO's, and I agree with them. However, I'm not looking to pump out a finished product, I'm really just doing this for the learning experience. I don't think many other projects would have taught me all the things I've learned by attempting an MMO. Target aim: Almost certainly freeware. Compensation: In the astronomically small chance that this returns any amount of revenue, you will obviously be compensated if your contributions are still used in any modified or unmodified form. Other than that, you will see your art in a working game. Hopefully you will enjoy seeing your models/textures displayed beautifully in our world. Technology: The targeted platform is Windows with DirectX. We are not using a 3rd party graphics library - the graphics engine has been written entirely by us. Other than a lack of animation (currently), it's fully functional. The server and client are both being written in C++. The database server is running off MS SQL Server 2008. You may use any software you wish to create finished models/textures, and will hopefully be familiar with how to write an export script for various storage formats (including custom, potentially). If not, both of us are able to do so. Talent needed: We need ONE (1) artist. As far as experience goes, you must be able to produce a model that looks better than something I could have built with blocks in elementary school. Other than that, we're looking for a fairly low experience level. If you have experimented with animation, that is a huge plus. Be prepared to LEARN and do RESEARCH if you want to actually contribute. Team structure: My role is Lead Programmer/Game Designer. My friend's role is also Programmer/Game Designer. We're looking for 1 artist/animator (you!) to up our team to 3 people. Contacts: ipape3@yahoo.com Previous Work by Team: We have both been programming since we were 14 years old. We are currently both 22 years old, with one pursuing a degree in software engineering and the other already holding a degree in information technology. We don't have any previous projects worth mentioning. Additional Info: This game could go in any direction right now. It will only be an "MMO" if it gains enough popularity to have anyone log onto the server. However, it is being written with such scalability in mind. To reiterate, we are two newbie (as in no previous completed projects) programmers looking for one newbie artist. Feedback: ANY