Original Post
I would like to get other people's feedback on something which has been a bit of an irritation over the past few months.
Why can't I find monitors/TVs with HDMI slots and speakers that work correctly with PCs?
Here are some of the problems I've encountered:
- Picture won't scale correctly
- Picture scales but text is now unreadable and blurred
- Sound doesn't work over HDMI
- Monitor refuses 1080p input when it states 1080p compatible, shows black screen
I've now bought and returned 3 monitors because of this problem. I thought that HDMI would be the way forward and it would be very handy to have sound and vision through one cable and one device.
Unfortunately, it feels like this simply isn't going to happen, or maybe I have been the victim of either bad decisions/luck?
What are your experiences in this area?
Why can't I find monitors/TVs with HDMI slots and speakers that work correctly with PCs?
Here are some of the problems I've encountered:
- Picture won't scale correctly
- Picture scales but text is now unreadable and blurred
- Sound doesn't work over HDMI
- Monitor refuses 1080p input when it states 1080p compatible, shows black screen
I've now bought and returned 3 monitors because of this problem. I thought that HDMI would be the way forward and it would be very handy to have sound and vision through one cable and one device.
Unfortunately, it feels like this simply isn't going to happen, or maybe I have been the victim of either bad decisions/luck?
What are your experiences in this area?