Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Convex Bounding Hull for N-Dimensional Point Cloud

Started by choffstein Jun 29, 2010 at 4:28 PM 2 replies 1.3k views
Original Post
choffstein
choffstein
I have an n-dimensional point cloud and I want to fit a convex bounding hull to it. The points should be the vertices of the shape. Most importantly, I want to be able to identify the points that make up the bounding hull (and, just as importantly, those that don't -- i.e. those that are inside). I don't actually care about the shape itself -- just know which points make it up and which points don't.

Computational efficiency is not as much of a problem in this one -- this isn't for real-time work.

Thoughts on the appropriate algorithm to use?

Thanks
Corey
choffstein
choffstein
Ended up just piping stdin to qhull -- which works for now.

Thanks.
taby
taby
Quote:
Original post by choffstein
Ended up just piping stdin to qhull -- which works for now.

Thanks.


That's always what I end up doing. Nice find. :)

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.