Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Open Source Linux Debugger

Started by othello Aug 3, 2010 at 2:30 PM 3 replies 1.6k views
Original Post
othello
othello
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good Open-Source OpenGL debugger for Linux? So far I've found GLIntercept (the last update was 2005) and BuGLe (which I am unable to download; I don't know if this is permanent or a temporary server failure).

Thanks,
othello
i_luv_cplusplus
i_luv_cplusplus
You could try GLSLdevil - http://www.vis.uni-stuttgart.de/glsldevil/ although I don't know if it works and I don't know if it works without shaders. Anyway it's worth a try

edit: oh wait, you are looking for opensource. unfortunately glsldevil is closed source ;(

[Edited by - i_luv_cplusplus on August 3, 2010 4:17:25 PM]
OpenGL fanboy.
enunes
enunes
Hi,

what distribution do you use?

On Arch Linux, I was able to download the BuGLe source and compile it without any problems.

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/bugle/bugle-0.0.20100508.tar.bz2

Maybe it was actually a temporary server downtime.
othello
othello
Quote:
Original post by enunes
Hi,

what distribution do you use?

On Arch Linux, I was able to download the BuGLe source and compile it without any problems.

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/bugle/bugle-0.0.20100508.tar.bz2

Maybe it was actually a temporary server downtime.


I'm on Ubuntu Linux.

Hmmm... I tried it with Seamonkey and it worked. No idea why Firefox didn't like it. Thanks.

-Othello
PaladinOfKaos
PaladinOfKaos
BuGLe isn't as simple as, say, GDebugger - you'll need to get used to configuring filtersets. There's no easy "profile" or "debug" page.

But it's very powerful once you get the hang of it :)

I've done some research on this myself, and BuGLe seems to be the only real tool out there right now.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.