Original Post
Hello,
I am currently setting up a new development environment; I’m going through a checklist of things I’ll need to install on to my dedicated environment.
I program mainly in c# although i do program in other languages so I’m going for the most part I’m going for a language agnostic setup.
That being said i am using a windows machine as my main environment and i do Web/Games/Library programming
I also have an Ubuntu available and I’m going to put all the items i may need outside access to on this server.
I’m mainly looking for some suggestions as to how everybody what tools/software people find useful.
My intended setup is going to be
--OS--
Windows dev environment + Ubuntu server
--CI--
Hudson(or Cruise Control) with NAnt build scripts(and Ant for non .net builds)
--Source Control--
SVN Server(on Ubuntu Server) + tortoise SVN
Warehouse Svn FrontEnd(Now open source awesomeness)
--Bug Tracking--
Lighthouse
--Project Management--
OneHub(or local server Confluence)
--External Library Management--
I'd like to create a library management tool as a project but i need one in the meantime, (suggestions welcome)
--IDE's--
Visual Studio 2010 [.Net]
Flashbuilder [AS3]
Eclipse [Java/Android]
Unity [Games]
Racket[Scheme/Lisp]
Looking for a decent small html IDE for testing out js and HTML5
i would appreciate and suggestions as to area's i'm missing or improvements upon selections for an area.
If you could explain the reason for your suggestion that would be helpful.
Thanks in advance
(Also if you just want to post your own setup you could use the above template ...only if you want to though...no pressure...)