Original Post
I am currently looking for a code that can basically add a glow to a sphere without a texture, since I have this theory that adding a texture to every sphere when there are many of them will slow things down.
So I noticed the NVidia shader called Post Glow Balloon, located here: http://developer.download.nvidia.com/shaderlibrary/webpages/screenshots/shaders/post_glowBalloon.html
This kind of creates a "force field" around my sphere, but I want it to be a glow. In other words, I want it to reverse the colors, so that the yellow-ish color is close to the sphere's center, and the black-ish color is away from the sphere.
Is there any way I can do that?
Is it recommended for me to switch to texture-based shaders and have a texture for every sphere?
I'd love your recommendations on this.
So I noticed the NVidia shader called Post Glow Balloon, located here: http://developer.download.nvidia.com/shaderlibrary/webpages/screenshots/shaders/post_glowBalloon.html
This kind of creates a "force field" around my sphere, but I want it to be a glow. In other words, I want it to reverse the colors, so that the yellow-ish color is close to the sphere's center, and the black-ish color is away from the sphere.
Is there any way I can do that?
Is it recommended for me to switch to texture-based shaders and have a texture for every sphere?
I'd love your recommendations on this.