Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Lego turing machine

Started by daniel_i_l Aug 19, 2010 at 2:44 AM 3 replies 1.4k views
Original Post
daniel_i_l
daniel_i_l
Hi,
A while ago I posted here about making a lego turing machine. In the end lego was too expensive so I used carboplast, popsicle sticks, plastic bottles, rubber bands and a glue gun. Here's the result:


The turing machine in the movie can run down the track and flip bits according to a program determined by the wiring. Currently it can only execute simple programs because it doesn't have external memory. But that's theoretically simple to add because I'd just have to build another identical unit that operates on one bit only for each bit of memory.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true." -- Professor Robert Silensky
owl
owl
lol!! lovely! hehe
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Lode
Lode
Can you make one that runs Brainfuck?! There are even games created for brainfuck (but those are megabytes in size even for the simplest things). Biggest challenge is the character input and output I guess :)
Antheus
Antheus
Geek cred. U haz it.
Krohm
Krohm
You're da man.
Previously "Krohm"

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.