Original Post
Hey, all readers. I must thank in advance for any feedback I get regarding the guide I need for a complete noob like me in computer science.
I've never programmed in my life, would like to create my own games by getting introduced to programming. Got a book from Greg Perry "Absolute beginners guide to C" Great for learning the C language, haven't read yet because it has no way of implementing the teachings... I can just learn C but not use the language practicly. Doesn't even explain what a compiler is or how to use one or get one.
I went into a computer store asking to buy a C compiler for beginners, lol. They were like: "What?"
I have no idea where to start. I found a very good guide in programming for absolute beginner from python. The download contained everything from guide and files of examples n stuff ready for the go. I lost these files and the guide or a link to the site of this guide, and have been searching all the internet for it, even the python site guide recommendations...
How to know which guides are good and up to date? I'm so confused with all the guides out there, including the out of date ones.
Thanks in advance
EDIT: Programming for babies, because somehow programming guides for absolute beginners/dummies isn't basic enough for me... ^^
I've never programmed in my life, would like to create my own games by getting introduced to programming. Got a book from Greg Perry "Absolute beginners guide to C" Great for learning the C language, haven't read yet because it has no way of implementing the teachings... I can just learn C but not use the language practicly. Doesn't even explain what a compiler is or how to use one or get one.
I went into a computer store asking to buy a C compiler for beginners, lol. They were like: "What?"
I have no idea where to start. I found a very good guide in programming for absolute beginner from python. The download contained everything from guide and files of examples n stuff ready for the go. I lost these files and the guide or a link to the site of this guide, and have been searching all the internet for it, even the python site guide recommendations...
How to know which guides are good and up to date? I'm so confused with all the guides out there, including the out of date ones.
Thanks in advance
EDIT: Programming for babies, because somehow programming guides for absolute beginners/dummies isn't basic enough for me... ^^