Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Who to message in my situation

Started by rhnz Sep 18, 2010 at 11:23 AM 1 replies 1.5k views
Original Post
rhnz
rhnz
Hello fellow gamdevians,

I'm currently earning my degree and would love to fill my holidays to come with a nice internship. My "target" company has a normal HR departmant, but I happen to know their CTO from working with him in another internship. He was CTO back then so there wasnt the biggest interaction and where far from connected but I guess he would remember me.

So my question would be, should I send a formal application to the normal HR department or maybe try to message their CTO directly with an unformal (or maybe formal) application? Would it help my case or could he just be annoyed that I steal his time with my move? ;)

Greetins
Dancin_Fool
Dancin_Fool
The CTO will probably remember you if you've worked with him before. I'd suggest emailing him formally asking if they are looking for interns and if so if he could forward your application on to the HR department.
Tom Sloper
Tom Sloper
Quote:
Original post by rhnz
should I send a formal application to the normal HR department or maybe try to message their CTO directly with an unformal (or maybe formal) application?

Why would you not do BOTH?
(Hint: do both things. Mention the CTO's name when you contact HR.)
-- Tom Sloper    --      sloperama.com

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.