Original Post
I just passed my CompTIA Network + certification exam, and I already have my CompTIA A+.
----backgroundInfo----
In the last couple years I have mostly done desktop support contracting, but I am getting sick of getting abused by temp agencies for money and I would like to break into a full time position.
I always have good performance reviews on contracts, but contract to hire is pretty much a myth; nobody seems to have a budget for full time employees.
I'm not sure where I want to go with my career but I'm thinking systems administration. I've got a linux system setup as a file server, and I've been really enjoying working with it so I would like to learn more about linux.
I enjoy programming, but I have 2 natural science degrees, and companies have so far not been interested in hiring me for programming positions. Because I don't want to go back to school, I am not really pursuing programming as a career.
----/backgroundInfo----
so what should I get next?
My main motivation for certification is to make myself standout so that I can successfully compete for full time positions.
I'm thinking either CompTIA's Linux+ or Security+ but I haven't heard of anybody having either one, so I'm not sure how marketable they are.
Thanks!!
----backgroundInfo----
In the last couple years I have mostly done desktop support contracting, but I am getting sick of getting abused by temp agencies for money and I would like to break into a full time position.
I always have good performance reviews on contracts, but contract to hire is pretty much a myth; nobody seems to have a budget for full time employees.
I'm not sure where I want to go with my career but I'm thinking systems administration. I've got a linux system setup as a file server, and I've been really enjoying working with it so I would like to learn more about linux.
I enjoy programming, but I have 2 natural science degrees, and companies have so far not been interested in hiring me for programming positions. Because I don't want to go back to school, I am not really pursuing programming as a career.
----/backgroundInfo----
so what should I get next?
My main motivation for certification is to make myself standout so that I can successfully compete for full time positions.
I'm thinking either CompTIA's Linux+ or Security+ but I haven't heard of anybody having either one, so I'm not sure how marketable they are.
Thanks!!