Original Post
Apologies for the obscure title, but please bare with me. :) I'm nearly 25 and I've been on the internet and using computers for a lot of years. I've started with programming quite a few times in the past, the first time was with Java. I've always been a game fanatic, and always wanted to be a games programmer. I've just felt discouraged by quite a few factors. The maths and physics have always worried me, I got a B in math's GCSE (I'm in the UK sorry, I'm not sure of the US equivalent, but it's high school standard) but that was when I was 16. The logic of programming feels hindering too hmmm.. I guess I'm just not all that confident. So when do you reach a point where you feel like you actually *can* be a games programmer? I'd really love to hear some of the members 'stories', as it were. Backgrounds, what got them into it, if they always knew they were right for it, if it was a hard battle with themselves or anyone else they finally overcame.. just anything to maybe inspire me and newbies like me looking at the forums and getting into programming and games development for the first time :)
Any advice or information really appreciated!
Any advice or information really appreciated!